- Joining the Global Compact means that BeDisruptive is aligning its business with the universally accepted Ten Principles in the areas of human rights, employment standards, the environment and the fight against corruption.
- The boutique cybersecurity company will particularly focus on four of the Sustainable Development Goals set by the initiative: Good Health and Wellbeing, Quality Education, Gender Equality and Partnerships for the Goals.
Madrid, 15 June 2023. BeDisruptive, the boutique technology company specialising in cybersecurity, has announced it is to join the United Nations Global Compact as part of its Corporate Responsibility strategy plan, thereby confirming its commitment to business sustainability. By doing so, the company is highlighting its commitment to stakeholders and the rest of society, as well as to looking after the planet, a responsibility that lies at the core of what BeDisruptive does.
José Ángel Delgado, CEO at BeDisruptive, said that “our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility is clear and that’s why we promote our active involvement in various actions and initiatives that seek the common good. It represents one of the ways in which we can give something back to society. The United Nations Global Compact is a great opportunity for companies to join forces and work together on building a better world”.
Joining the Global Compact means that BeDisruptive is aligning its business with the universally accepted Ten Principles in the areas of human rights, employment standards, the environment and the fight against corruption, as well as adopting measures to support the United Nations targets currently enshrined in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). BeDisruptive is helping to create a positive impact by making a particular commitment to four of those SDGs:
- Good Health and Wellbeing: guaranteeing a healthy life and promoting wellbeing at all ages is essential to sustainable development. BeDisruptive has placed a special emphasis on this SDG by putting people at the core of its operations and implementing various initiatives to encourage physical activity, healthy diets, awareness about mental health issues, support for maternity and the rejection of tobacco addition, among other things. In this regard, BeDisruptive has a digital disconnection plan and offers various employee benefits, such as health insurance and free monthly access to a physiotherapist.
- Quality Education: another of the pillars on which BeDisruptive is especially active is that of education and training, both of which are necessary for ensuring upward socio-economic mobility for people at risk of exclusion. In this regard, the company organises talks and sessions at all levels of education, and is forging alliances with institutions that foster labour market inclusion for the most disadvantaged groups in society.
- Gender Equality: gender equality is not only a fundamental human right but is also one of the essential pillars for building a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable world. This is one of the most important parts of the CSR strategy in place at BeDisruptive, which is working to ensure gender parity and more women in such a traditionally male sector as cybersecurity in order to bring even more female talent into technical departments and boost the skills of their female employees through mentorship programmes. In this regard, the company has signed partnership agreements with such entities as Women4Cyber.
- Partnerships for the Goals: the SDGs can only be achieved through solid partnerships with global associations and cooperation. For a development programme to be successful, inclusive partnerships must be set up (at global, regional, national and local levels) on principles and values, as well as on a vision and shared objectives that are primarily focused on people and the planet. To that end, BeDisruptive works on its Corporate Social Responsibility strategy hand-in-hand with reputable organisations.
Launched in 2000, the United Nations Global Compact is the largest corporate sustainability initiative in the world. Over 21,000 organisations in more than 160 countries have joined so far, forming 70 local networks. More than 1,500 organisations have joined the initiative in Spain, making it the local network with the largest number of members and therefore the most important in the world.
This initiative joins others that are being implemented by the company under its Corporate Social Responsibility strategy to foster business sustainability and look after the environment. For example, the BeDisruptive office in Madrid obtained Gold level LEED certification a few months ago after meeting the necessary sustainability standards within the categories of transport, energy, water efficiency, indoor environment quality, materials and innovation.
BeDisruptive is a boutique technology company that specialises in cybersecurity and helps its clients design solutions and maintain a secure environment. The company has operations in Madrid, Rome and Panama City, and is planning to open in Milan and Washington D.C. soon. BeDisruptive helps to protect its clients’ assets and information, effectively limiting threats and ensuring cybersecurity so they can move ahead with their digital transition towards an unlimited future. The company specialises in such sectors as banking, healthcare, energy and public administration services, offering a team of professionals with more than ten years of experience in cybersecurity and adopting a disruptive approach to provide the most advanced cybersecurity services while adapting cutting-edge solutions and handling every step in the process with a close eye on the details. More information can be found on its website, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Luis Hernández | [email protected] | +34 686 488 551
Carlos Arias | [email protected] | +34 616 316 043
Cristina Hernández | [email protected] | +34 915 779 272 (1061)
David Olivares | [email protected] | +34 915 779 272 (1031)